Prepaid Extras gives you the ability to stay on the go until you top up the next time. You can have as many Extras as you like and you can buy them anytime.
Buy and manage your Prepaid Extras all at the touch of your finger tips:
Once you have purchased your Extra you can start using it immediately. Prepaid Extras are valid for a specific time (depending on the Extra) from when you first purchase e.g 1 month. Any unused minutes,data or texts will expire when your Extra renews. Don't worry we will send you a text message letting you know your Extra is about to expire.
If you don't have enough credit when your Extra renews, don't worry. We will put it on hold for 5 days giving you enough time to top up and keep your Extra. But it is important to know that your original renewal date will stay the same (for example if you purchased your Extra on 21 October and did not have enough credit for it to automatically renewal on 22 November but you top up on 25 November your Extra next renewal date will be 22 December). So to make the most of your Extra we strongly encourage you to top up before your renewal date. If you don't top up after 5 days you Extra will be cancelled and you'll need to purchase it again when you top up again.
What else should I know?
- Calls to any My Favourite nominated number is not taken out of any Extra voice allowance
- Usage alerts will automatically notify you once you've reached 80% and 100% usage - you can 'opt out' of receiving these at any time.
- Extras are not pro rated and will not be refunded
Eligibility and Business Rules
- Extras are available to all Spark Prepaid Customers
- Extras are not available while roaming
- A purchased Extra can only be used on the mobile number it was bought for
- Extras cannot be transferred between your mobile accounts
- Extras cannot be transferred between Postpaid and prepaid accounts because the range of available products may be different
- Extras cannot be transferred as part of a change of ownership or change of number
- Extras cannot be added if there is an active data bar on the device
Terms and Conditions
- Spark terms, conditions and charges apply eg. Fair use policy
- Standard national minutes, data use and national person to person texts only
- Casual rate applies after the included minutes, texts and/or data amount has been used up
- The casual rate that applies depends on your particular plan's casual rate
|Talk Extras (to any NZ network)||Recurring Allowance (1 month expiry)|
|$3 Talk||15 Anytime Minutes|
|$6 Talk||30 Anytime Minutes|
|$9 Talk||100 Anytime Minutes|
|$12 Talk||120 Anytime Minutes|
|$19 Talk Spark||Unlimited calling to Spark Mobiles|
|Text Extras||Recurring Allowance (1 month expiry)|
|$3 Text||50 Texts|
|$6 Text||150 Texts|
|$9 Text||500 Texts|
|$12 Text Data||5000 Texts + 50MB|
|Data Extras||Recurring Allowance (1 month expiry)|
|$12 Text Data||5000 Texts + 50MB|
|$89 Data||5GB (90 Days)|
|International Extras||Recurring Allowance (1 month expiry)|
|$9 International Talk Text
(Australia, UK, Ireland, USA, and Canada Only)
*Calling from within NZ to any network in Australia, UK, Ireland, USA or Canada
*Text allocation to be used for person to person text message from NZ to any network in Australia, UK, Ireland, USA or Canada
|90 International Mins
90 International Texts
|Roaming Extras||7 Days expiry|
|$19 Aussie Roaming Value Pack||50 International Minutes
50 International Texts
Uncapped Incoming Calls
(Fair usage policy applies)
How to Manage
New Extras are managed on a subscription basis. When you sign up you pay an initial fee. Then each following month the charge for that Extra is added to your bill.
New Extras are valid for a set period if time; previously Extras expired at the end of a billing month. For example a monthly Extra would be valid, from the date of purchase or renewal to the same day the following month; bought on the 5th of one month, expiry on 5th the following month.
if you don't have enough money when your Extra renews
it will be on hold for 5 days
if you don't top up then your Extra will be cancelled
Once your Extra included minutes, text or data has been used, you will start to be charged the casual rate, until you purchase another Extra.