Spark Broadband Assist
Spark Broadband Assist is a tool helping you to setup or resolve Yahoo Xtra email address e.g firstname.lastname@example.org, set up your modem/wireless network and allows a Helpdesk Representative fix many problems using Remote Access while you're on the phone
Spark Broadband Assist is compatible on the following operating systems, email clients and browsers:
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Outlook Express 6, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, Outlook 2003/2007 and Mac Mail
- Internet Explorer 8-11, lastest version of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox
- Apple MAC OSX, Mountain Lion 10.8 and Maverick 10.9
What you need to know
- Broadband Assist is up to 20MB to download and will count towards your monthly data allowance
- Tools menu that will direct you to the right place to change your plan, check your data and check your broadband speed
Note: You will need login to MySpark to view your usuage
More about Spark Broadband Assist ...
How to get it
You will need to have your email address and phone number with you to register for Spark Broadband Assist.
- Go to Spark Broadband Assist
- Click Install
- Have a read of the End User License Agreement, tick the I understand and agree with these terms box
- Click Lets Go
- Enter your phone number & email address
- Click Go
- Click the noftification bar to action the window
- Click Run
- Click View Downloads
- A Spark Broadband Assist Installation window will appear, click Finish to complete the installation
- Once the installation is completed, click Verify
How to use
|Set up my wireless connection using Spark Broadband Assist?|
Connecting your computer to your Wi-Fi connection
|Set up my Yahoo!Xtra account using Spark Broadband Assist?|
Set up your Yahoo Xtra email account on Outlook Express 6, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, Outlook 2003/2007 or Mac Mail using Spark Broadband Assistant.
|How do I update my Spark Broadband Assist registration details|
You will need to make sure you are connected to the internet and have Spark Broadband Assist installed on your computer.
|How do I fix my connection using Spark Broadband Assist?|
You will need to make sure you have Spark Broadband Assist installed on your computer.
|Using Remote Access|
You will need to be on the phone with our help desk to use remote access. Call us on 0800 22 55 90 and when promoted start Remote Access
I have no Run button on the Security Window when I am installing the Broadband Assist. What do I do?
- In Internet Explorer, click Tools menu
- Select Internet Options
- Click Advanced tab
- Scroll down to Security
- Select Do not save encrypted pages to disk
- Click Apply
- Click OK
The Run button should now appear when you re-install Broadband Assist.
If I add an Email Account, will Broadband Assist create the account in the Active or Main Identity?
The new account will be created in the Main Identity.
If I create an Email Account in Outlook and then attempt to set up an alias, is there any warning or disclaimer in Broadband Assist
No. This is something that will be addressed in the future.
My Wireless (Wireless Zero configuration or equivalent in Vista and 7) is disabled? What do I do?
Broadband Assist will enable the Wireless Configuration in all supported versions of Windows.
What will happen if the wireless adaptor/drivers on the computer do not support WPA-PSK or WPA-PSK2?
The security will be dropped to WPA, but never WEP.